About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Then the spotlight fell on Midgit and his lovely owner... I might come back and rewrite about my latest painting later, because right now, I only feel like complaining about it. As you can probably tell, the painting is inspired by Miss Firefly. I'll expand more later. Until then, here are some more impressive paintings of little people. The first is also of Miss Firefly as well, by Clyde, who's talent I envy- especially the way he so accurately captured her essence in a fraction of the brush strokes that I used. The rest of the paintings are by Valasquez, the only other artist I've known to paint little poeple (which is so surprising to me). In his time, royal families would keep little people as pets to entertain the children. If only they'd had Miss Firefly back then... I'm sure the kids would have loved her firebreathing, glass walking and nailbed sleeping skills. But I'm gad she's around now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.