About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, January 05, 2009

A Week of Reruns.
For me, the onset of a new year always comes with thoughts of archiving and memorializing the past year. Normally I just print out my blogs using the economy ink mode on my printer, but this year I am considering having my blogs printed with a blog book printing service (blurb.com) as was recommended to me by Cassie. Does that sound familiar? That's because Cassie is a recommendation queen. Got a question? You should go ask her.
Anyways, as I am working on designing blog books for the past three years, I have come across some pretty interesting stuff. Reading through my 2006 blogs really shows me how much I've changed, grown, and, in some ways, regressed in a fairly short amount of time. Anyways, this week, as I am archiving over at blurb.com, I wouldn't want to leave my imaginary blog readers unentertained, so I will be posting some really old blog reruns for you. Here we go...

Naomi's Method For Falling Asleep (originally aired March 28,2006)
As you might imagine, living vicariously through more privileged people can be exhausting. After a very full day of strolling laguna beach, reading just a fraction of my myspace comments, and winning the realworld/roadrules challenge (all while carrying Tom Cruise’s baby), I need to get a good night’s sleep. I’m sure you need a good night’s sleep too, despite the fact that your life probably doesn’t even compare to the complexity of mine. Anyhow… I have formulated this method to help me get the paparazzi and tabloids off of my minds and fall asleep peacefully. Here is a method I have formulated to fall asleep- feel free to give it a try for yourself.
After you have crawled into bed, remove one sock. This will free up one foot so that you can feel light and floaty. You must leave the other sock on however, because that will keep you anchored to the bed. Lying on your back, fold your hands across your chest, as if you are a corpse laying in a coffin. Let your cheek rest to one side or the other, because having your head looking straight upwards is too instable. Then imagine the bed beginning to tip forwards and backwards, like a teeter totter, very slowly. Then imagine that the teeter totter is on an axis that rotates- but in very slow motion, and in sync with your breathe. Now imagine your thoughts to be elusive objects floating through the air. As your encounter each thought, accept it, but do not process it or digest it, and then let it go. Do not hold on to any one thought for more than 2 seconds, and never reaccept a thought that you have already let go of. At this point, the thoughts should start becoming a bit confusing and you’ll wonder why you are even having them, but then let that wonder go and don’t retrieve it again. In no time, you will be sleeping.

Or, you could always just get out of bed and read my incredibly boring blog. You won’t be able to stay awake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These re-runs are oh so awesome. I'm going to be up all night reading them and thus why I haven't called. :)