About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Clyde-Painter of Women This is Clyde, painter of women (I gave him that title). He is a real artist- the kind of artist with a real studio, located in the sketchiest part of town (where I am lucky I didn't get mugged), and who paints, and ONLY paints, and ONLY paints every day, all day- because he is a real artist. He's the kind of artist that is sometimes homeless, hopes his paintings will sell so that he can eat, and wears jeans that are lined with flannel. He's my hero. I wish I could be an artist like that... but I'm glad I'm not.

2 comments:

ceichy said...

It is funny how people define things because I think YOU are a REAL artist! I guess artist is in the eye of the beholder! Besides, real artists watch the real world! :-)

Anonymous said...

Real artist! Pshaw!

That said, I'm always looking for subjects, and you'd be a good'un.

Hope you decide you can model, and hope you hook me up with garbanzo bean cookies when you do !?

Ta...