About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, January 02, 2009

I Am A Sugar Addict (Dot) Com
Last new years, I made a bunch of lousy resolutions that would have been hard to NOT keep. Like "only take a shower when I really want to" and "don't care what anyone thinks of me, unless I am trying to show off" and "watch more TRL"... well that one doesn't count because they cancelled TRL, so it wasn't my fault that I failed.
This year is going to be different. I am apprehensively taking on a resolution that, if I could conquer, would probably change my life drastically. I have decided to try to give up sugar. I know it sounds dumb, but seriously, it's like cocain to me. I don't even know if I can do it without professional help. I am serious. When I watch "Intervention" on the A&E channel, I actually really feel like I can relate to those drug addicts and alchoholics. Sugar rules my life sometimes. The thought of it makes me want to get out of bed. Sometimes I hide in the pantry and dig brown sugar out the canister with a spoon, and then when someone comes in the kitchen I go silent so they won't know I am in there, and then when they leave I continue eating the sugar. Sugar cravings have caused me to neglect my dignity and do stupid stuff that I am embarressed to even admit. Just looking at that peach rings picture is making me sweat. I also love Swedish Fish... and Cherry Bombs.
The reason I am shamefully posting about this on my blog is because I am going to start a blog about my journey- about my successes and failures as they come. I am commiting to blog daily about my commitment (in a separate blog than this one). I am not expecting it to be entertaining for anyone, or for anyone to actually be interested in this. I am just hoping that the accountability, or the delusion of accountability, will motivate me to succeed. Also, if you happen to a sugar addict as well, feel free to join me an we could try to encourage each other. Feel free to "BOO" me in the comments box when I fail, and especially when I don't post (which probably means I failed and don't want to have to post about it).
So here is the link:
I have also made a few other resolutions, but none quite as daunting as the sugar one. I am commiting to taking everything out of the car each time I come home. I am also commiting to clean my room and bathroom every morning. Also, I have decided to never miss any episodes of The Real World... of course if they cancel it, you can't blame me for that (but I would be quite devestated).

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Sugar, WOW that's impressive! I never knew this dirty little secret of yours:)

Daphne said...

Naomi, if you have any leftover chupachups, you can send them my way. Everytime I see one of them, or crave them, I think "boy, I wish that Naomi's locker was here, cause then I could steal one."
I never realized what a sacrifice it proabably was for you to share...

Naomi Haverland said...

I don't know what a chupachup is, nor do I know who you are, perky pessimist. I don't deny that I had them in my locker at one time though, but I am peeved that you were stealing stuff out of my locker, whoever you are. How did you get my combination?

Anonymous said...

I never tasted a peach ring until you introduced me to them way back when...now I LOVE them. I support you though. ;-)