About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Poem Just For ME!!!

It seems Sarah B. has taken to writing road trip poetry- and she's quite good at it too! This morning I was delighted to find a poem on her blog dedicated to me and my upcoming roadtrip to Colorado Springs (which is about 1 hour away, so I don't know if it really counts as a roadtrip, but I didn't want to be left out of the rest of the family anyways). I feel so loved!

For Naomi by Sarah Bennett
Pray they don't get run over by a reindeer,
Drivin down from Denver for Christmas fun.
You may say there's no such thing as Santa
But as for Rocket and Roxanne, they believe!
She'll bring her new dog Friday
and we beg her to leave Ruby!
She'll leave a cat named Necklace,
but she bring the fam we know and love so much!


But for the record, Rocket and Roxanne, don't believe.... I've raised them better than that! But Ruby still believes.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

So glad to know I'm not the only "not-for" Santa person! My husband glares at me when I tell the kids Santa's not real...that I bring the presents. I've done nothing to encourage - and they STILL believe. I'm torn. I'll let them enjoy it this year - next year I think will be different.

Naomi Haverland said...

Yeah, kids are born naturally believing in Santa Clause. It is our jobs as parents to break that belief and set them straight. It's a difficult job, but neccessary.