1. White eggs are just boring. And deviled eggs are just delicious.
2. The sight of new life emerging from the ground reminds me that we are indeed also emerging from the clutches of winter that inhibited us from freely prancing out the back door without a cumbersome jacket and boots. The fact that it happens every year doesn’t keep me from feeling like we might be doomed to stay inside forever.
3. People always tend to remind me on this day that “He is risen indeed”, which reminds me that Jesus really did live and die and really did rise from the dead proving to the world that he is the most awesome, most famous, most original person to ever walk to the face of the earth, and I am freakin lucky to be on the inside track with him!!! No, seriously, I mean it!
Inspirational drawing by Roxanne
4. My kids always look pretty sharp on this day and I love taking pictures of them! A lady at church this morning told Rocket that he was the handsomest boy she’s ever seen (I agree) and that he ought to give his daddy some advice. I said “true dat!”
Roxy looks way prettier than me in this picture, but my hair does match her boots!
5. Easter falls on a Sunday, which is perfect because I love my Sunday nap (which is the next item on my agenda).