About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

How Many Honey's...

Do you see in this picture?


The answer is FIVE!! Two are in each of my paintings in the upper left, one on the T-shirt I haggled her into giving me, one in the watercolor I gave her for being so pretty, and one real one. Boy, I just can't get enough of that pretty pretty gal!

This was from the Blurlesque/Tiki art show and performance at the Oriental Theatre on Saturday. Luke and I had a good time... well... except for when we had to sit through the hour long slide show about the entire history of tiki culture. It was really boring- except for when we learned that one of the founders of tiki culture was named "Harry Jew"... and he appeared to be Asian.




When I started to take the above picture, Luke was smiling. Then I said "don't smile", but he thought I said "more smile". Misunderstandings like that are funny.






And of course, like you would expect from any great tiki/burlesque party (and believe me, I know!), there was some really good hip shakin goin on! There was also some crazy trapeze action as well, which I'm pretty sure was a little unsafe, but amuzing anyways.

No comments: