About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, October 20, 2008


The Battle Continues...


Remember my crazy "McCain-is-perv" neighbor? That's Colleen. She lives directly across the street from me. Earlier this week she called me on the phone to tell me to look out my front window and see her new "beautiful lawn ornaments". When I peered out the front curtains, to my dismay, I not only saw the usual cookie cutter Highlands Ranch house I normally see, but now it also had two terrible eye sores adorning the lawn: two "Obama" signs faced directly at our house. At first I thought about getting my own "McCain is perfect" sign to combat her signage, but, I decided to take the high road.
Remember Miss. Heart? Boy, she has been acting extra sinister lately. Maybe she's gotten a little bit overcome by the Halloween spirit. I often find her sitting on our front porch looking terribly ornery and cantankerous (adjective: having a difficult and contrary disposition... try to use that word again this week). I was not wrong to be suspicious of her attitude because earlier today, I looked across the street and saw that Colleen's signs now looked like this:
and this:
How dare you, Miss. Heart!! I can't believe she would dare vandalize other people's property in such a tasteless way! I mean... I have to admitt, she was pretty clever about it all. Who knows, maybe I am being a little presumptuous to assume it was her... it could have been the Jewish neighbor next door... or some well intending yet confrontation Halloween spirit roaming the neighborhood... if I were Colleen, I would watch out.

UPDATE: Everyone who correctly uses the word "cantankerous" in their blog this week, will recieve a special prize from me!!!!

8 comments:

Wendell said...

Miss Heart is having too much fun with photoshop (or some such).....

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!!!!
Um, I mean, You go Miss Heart!

Stacy said...

Too funny!!

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Miss Heart is my hero!!! Give Miss Heart a hug for me ;)

Susie said...

...And what of those who don't know you but still use the word "Cantankerous?" :)

Naomi Haverland said...

Then you get EXTRA POINTSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Susie said...

I LOVE points!

I'm still laughing about Miss Heart's shenanigans every time I pass an Obama/Biden sign, thanks!