About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Big Mama Red
Big Mama Red is the vuluptuous host of the burlesque shows that provide most of the models for Dr. Sketchy's. She is saucy, brazen, and cheeky. She pokes fun at some audience members and tantalizes others, all while appearing provocative and ultra sassy. I was thrilled when she asked me to create a portrait of her that would highlight all of her bold attitudes.
Tonight I went to her house to deliver her the painting. When she handed me the check, it wasn't signed by "Big Mama Red". It was signed by Tamara- who is holding the portrait below. Tamara isn't nearly as edgy as her alter ego, Big Mama. Her lips aren't quite as red either. But I still have a feeling Tamara has quite a bit of Big Mama bubbling below the surface. I hope she likes the painting.

I am kicking myself for forgetting to take a better picture of the painting before handing it off- this photo doesn't show the coloring of the painting very well at all.... but it's all I had.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I love the frame on this one, Naomi bad on you for not taking pictures of your amazing work:)You will have to sneak into her house and get one!