About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dr. Sketchy in Jeopardy

On Sunday, our family had just arrived back home after a weekend of camping, and I sure was exhausted. I would have opted out of this month's Dr. Sketchy's had it not been for the email I had received earlier in the week. It informed us that the future of Dr. Sketchy's Denver was at risk of being discontinued entirely if more participants didn't show up. This was scary news. If Dr. Sketchy's doesn't stick around, I will have to resort back to plain ol' regular life drawing sessions- with plain ol' regular, boring, buck nekid models. No sparkling pasties, no corsets, no high heels, no glittery red lipstick, and worst of all, no prizes. So I had to go, and thankfully so did a good number of other people, which means we can keep our fingers crossed and hope the event doesn't fizzle out. It has served to give me a good dose of monthly inspiration since moving to Colorado. The model for the night was the wonderful Lexy (which rhymes with sexy) Demure. Here are a few of my drawings for the night (but I was really feeling pooped and not too drawy or creative).

My drawings can be viewed at this link (contains nudity)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope y'all are able to keep your beloved Dr S. alive & well. It sounds like such a fun place, & inspires so many of your drawings.
If attendence is down just for the summer due to folks traveling, maybe you could suggest a summer recess, and then pick it up again in Sept? Just a thought.
Hope y'all get it worked out.