About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Really Mean
When I am really excited about posting a blog, I tend to let it stew around in my head for a while, procrastinating actually writing it until I can think of all the perfect words. Sometimes those blogs never even get posted.
So while I procrastinate the important blog and continue to let it sit in my head, here is a conversation I had with Roxanne yesterday at the kitchen table. I was crafting together a pirate to go on Rocket's classroom door for the fall festival this weekend and Roxanne was cutting up a milk jug and turning it into a butterfly.

Roxanne: Mom, what if I ruined your pirate?

Mom: Well, that would be pretty mean.

Roxanne: Mom, what is "mean"?

Mom: It's something that's not very nice that could make someone sad.

Roxanne: So, if I took somebody and pushed them into an oven and pushed their arms and legs into the oven too, and then closed the door, and then turned the oven on, would that be mean?

Mom: Yes, that sounds very very mean.

Roxanne: So, if I took someone and put them in the middle of the street and told them not to go anywhere, and then I got in the car and then ran them over, would that be mean?

Mom: Yes, that would be very mean too. You'd probably go to jail.

Roxanne: So, if I took someone and put them in an airplane that was flying and then pushed them out of the airplane and they landed in a jungle and they were lost, would that be mean?
(I think this scenario may have been inspired by "Man vs. Wild" TV show)

Mom: Yes, Roxanne, that is mean too.

Roxanne: If I took these scissors and I cut off all your fingers, would that be mean? Wait- I cut off your nose too- would that be mean?

Mom: What do you think?

Roxanne: I don't know the answer.

Mom: I think you do.

Roxanne: I think it would be really really nice and sweet and cute.

I think this conversation is slightly disturbing, but nontheless, her creativity is sortof impressive, right?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She sounds so much like her mom!

Naomi Haverland said...

Mom, so if I killed your dog... do you think that would be mean?

What if I just deleted all the smartalec comments you left on my blog... do you think that would be mean?

Cassie said...

um...i'm kinda glad i don't live near you!
:)

Naomi Haverland said...

OH SNAP! Cassie! Now THAT was mean!

The AB club said...

Naomi, I'd consider locking your bedroom door at night.

jody said...

hilarious.

Stacy said...

disturbingly creative. I think that fits!

Holly said...

uh...therapy anyone???

Anonymous said...

So I guess Roxy was really upset about the election & needed to vent her feelings?