About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween Costumes

When I was a child, I wasn't allowed to celebrate halloween. I think it was against our religion. I wasn't allowed to dress up, or trick-or-treat, or anything. So while all the other kids were out getting candy and having fun, our parents sheltered us from Halloween by forcing Luke and I to stay home and watch all the halloween specials on TV- my favorite was the Garfield halloween special because it was really really freaky!
Now that we are grown up and too old to participate in Halloween traditions, my parents go all out- spooky decorations, spooky music, fog machines. It's their favorite holiday now. Take a look at my dad on Friday:


We went to my parents house on Friday to celebrate with them. My dad got quite a kick out of playing dead and then jumping up and freaking out the trick-or-treaters- and my mom couldn't have been more proud of him. Here he is scaring my kids:

Besides my dad, as the dead pirate, there was some pretty impressive costumes at the party. I particularly like this duo, Batman and Batwoman:

And here are their parents, Wonderwoman and Superman:

Matt's parents dressed as matching scarecrows:

Jolleen always has the best costumes. She was a Jolleen Who. And we voted ourselves that best couple for a color picture:

Teddy was a redneck who likes cheap beer. By the time I took this picture, he had removed his mullet. But he proudly wore his PBR shirt all night:

6 comments:

Nichole said...

y'all are so funny:) I think you should keep the WW Tat! So are you taking a family vacation to your usaual part of Flordia?

ceichy said...

This is absolutely WONDERFUL! It makes me miss you a great deal!

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

What fun and great costumes too!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - your dad certainly has changed since the last time I saw him! Glad to see everyone in the halloween spirit of fun. The costumes are great.

LOVE the blue hair.
(I told a friend who works at a hospital to do her hair up in a Who style & wear her scrubs...and she would be Dr. Who. *G*)

Anonymous said...

I do not remember us not celebrating Halloween! I think we had great fun on Halloween. You must be blocking out all those memories.

Anonymous said...

I do want to be clear here. Halloween is not my favorite holiday! I love Christmas and Thanksgiving. But I would have to say my FAVORITE holiday is my birthday because it is all mine. It is best when someone throws me a birthday party too.