About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Bad Art for Bad People Show #2

On Saturday, Matt and I left the kids in the Springs with my parents, and traveled back to Denver to attend my second art show with the "Bad Art for Bad People" group. The great thing about these "bad art" parties, is that you never know what, and who to expect. Below you can see one of my paintings displayed at the show: Luke and Sarah showed up- one reason I love having them live in Denver instead of the Springs now. Here, Sarah poses in front of my painting of "Samone"... the resemblance is oddly staggering. One feature of the show was the opportunity to make your very own sock puppet (ahhh... NOW you wish you had been there, huh?!). Below, you see Luke and I working hard on creating our puppets. Then our puppets become aquainted with eachother- Luke's on the left, mine on the right. Later, they became disagreeable and fought.
Here, Luke is making fun of my painting of Samone... this was not long before the puppets had their altercation... More or less literally, the highlight of the night was the firedancers who took to the streets of downtown denver with their fire and dance moves. They were extremely difficult to get a good picture of. Although you can't see the details, I am hoping that the sum of the following pictures will present to you the essence of the perfomance.

And then Charity and Joe (the newly engageds) fell in love. That's what happens when you're surrounded by good bad art, fire dancers, and sock puppets. It happened to Matt and I too, but I was unavailable to take a picture of it. And now, here is a small sampling of the really good really bad art that was displayed at the venue:
An angry tomatoe:


Skeletal Fairy Specimens:


Not sure:




A torso:




And that's about all I have to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was really cool talking to ya at the show. Nice work!