About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

The Rockies

On our drive into the Rocky Mountains on Sunday, my dad and Rocket and I listened to the Rockies baseball game against the Marlins on the AM radio. As we pulled into our campground, the game was in the 9th inning, so we left the radio running and opened the doors of the car so that we could listen to them win while we set up the tent. That night, as we sat around the glowing campfire, we wrote this little tale, about the Rockies, and including the names of as many players as we could think of (highlighted in purple).




The Rockies Go To Camp

by Pops, Rocket and Naomi

The Rockies were in the middle of a great season of baseball when they decided that they ought to spend their holliday together, so that they could experience some team bonding. So they called up Camp Saint Francis, the best retreat destination in the Rocky Mountains to register for their upcoming vacation. Upon hearing about the special guests that would be coming to the camp, the director quickly called the new camp cook, who had only been working there about a week, to notify him that the food would have to be extra good for the Rockies baseball players. In a panic, the cook called his friend, the Spanish baker to ask him for some expert advice.
The baker said “First, you must always wipe yor vit on the floor mat before entering the kitchen, so that you don’t track in any dirt. Then you must put your thinking cap on and use every part of your brain- including the corpus callosum, so that you can think your sharpest. Then hawp on over to the pantry where you will need to select a hell-ton of food, because these athletes will need to eat a lot! The biggest hurdle in cooking for players like these, is getting enough protein in their diet, so I suggest using the Atkins diet for them. Also, when cooking beef, you must make sure the grilli is at a willy willy high temperature. If the temperature is tulo, the baseball player will say ‘O-mar gosh! This beef is undercooked!’ Lastly, if you spilly anything while you are working in the kitchen, be sure to wipe it up or else you will have a bar-mes. Any questions?”
The camp cook thought for a while and then said “do baseball players like deserts?” The baker replied “hmm, that’s a good question. Let me think.” So he took off his chef’s hat and scratched his head. When the cook noticed that he didn’t have any hair, he said “Oh! U-baldo!” and the baker said, “why yes, of course, I shave my head as all good bakers do, because I don’t want any hair to get in the food.” The cook appreciated the baker's advice but had one last question. “What should I wear to look best for the Rockies?” The baker then replied “Who do you think I am? Ia-nett-a taylor! Ia ama just a baker!” And to that the cook just sighed and said “oh wells”. As they parted their ways, the Spanish baker waved to the cook and said “hasta la fuentes!”
Thanks to the great advice from the baker to the camp cook, the Rockies had a great time during their retreat at Camp Saint Francis and returned to Denver feeling rejuvenated and ready to finish the season by making it to the playoffs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great story and if the rest of the camping trip was as much fun as making up this story I bet is was a wonderful way to end the summer. I would say I wish I had been there, but that would be a lie and I know I wouldn't have been wanted either. However, Roxanne and I had a great time together as well. Maybe she could tell you a story about what we did and you could post it.

Stacy said...

That's hysterical. I love it. You should print it out and send it to them!! I'm sure they'd get a good chuckle! Such creativity! That's why I continue to visit your blog!