About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

100 Reasons I Love Matt

It has recently been noted by a few of my blog veiwers that I have expressed admiration for a number of people besides my husband. Just incase it wasn't clear, I would like this post to show that I am 100% in love with my man- even if I do draw other men or what not. Matthew has an adverse reaction to compliments- he doesn't like them. So this will probably make him very uncomfortable. Here are 100 reasons I love Matt. Keep in mind that I came up with the number 100 before I actually thought of 100 things, so some of them are a little random, but nontheless very true. Also some of them are inspired by shortcomings I have observed in other men.

1. His armpits never stink
2. When someone misuses the word “literal”, he always glances over at me letting me know that he, too, is disgusted, even though he won’t admit it.
3. He tickles my back in the middle of the night.
4. He administers the paying of bills.
5. He cleans out the car
6. He always says “footsies” instead of “feet”
7. He always says “toesies” instead of “toes”
8. He forwards me any good emails he gets at work
9. He doesn’t let me know when he spends all day at work in the treat room, because he doesn’t want me to feel left out.
10. He watches MTV reality shows with me.
11. He always drives when we go somewhere together
12. He always loves whatever I make him for dinner even if it is gross
13. I can say my husband is a Rocket Scientist
14. He understands how precious Roxanne is
15. He knows how awesome Rocket is
16. He hates stupid people too, even though he wont admit it
17. His shirts are soft
18. He doesn’t yell at me
19. He yells at the kids when they are mean to me
20. He gets up earlier than me
21. He’s warm
22. He doesn’t wear a helmet
23. He likes my dancing
24. He’s nice to me if I cry
25. He doesn’t do drugs
26. He can tell when someone is a wacko within 5 seconds of meeting them
27. He doesn’t cheat on me
28. He never overeats
29. He isn’t moody
30. He takes the kids to kids’ movies
31. His legs are very muscular, even when the rest of him gets fat
32. He’s not as fat as some husbands are
33. He deals with Roxanne when I cant
34. He’s not ugly, except when he makes that ugly face.
35. When he hangs something on the wall, he always makes sure it’s screwed into a stud and not just the drywall.
36. He loves the kitty
37. The kitty still loves me more than him
38.. He’s good at the parts of Cranium that I am not, so we make a good team and always win.
39. If I am out of shampoo in the shower and I bang on the wall, he knows what it means.
40. He doesn’t throw things at the kids
41. He doesn’t throw things at me
42. He doesn’t say anything if I don’t do laundry for five weeks (dishes are different though).
43. He won’t leave me if I get fat someday, in fact, he will like me more because he can pretend there is two of me.
44. He thinks that I have cut my hair even when I haven’t
45. He always asks me how my day was when he gets home.
46. He sleeps as if he is lounging on the beach
47. He doesn’t wear emo pants
48. He weighs more than me, and that makes me feel good.
49. He’s not hyperactive
50. He hardly ever has bad breath
51. He wants to know the details of every conversation I ever have
52. He bought me a pretty sweater for Christmas
53. He made sure the kids got me Christmas gifts
54. He makes good milkshakes
55. He makes good strawberry margaritas
56. When I insult him, he smiles back
57. He lets me eat off of his plate and always gives me the best bite
58. He has to get up earlier than me in the morning
59. He made me a really yummy birthday cake
60. He can think very fast
61. He never forgets to check the mail
62. He gets the oil changed for our cars
63. He is a good spooner
64. He is an alright spoonie
65. He doesn’t ride his bicycle in the house
66. His kisses taste like beer
67. This one can’t be publicized
68. If I am puking, he will usually make himself dinner
69. This number says it all
70. He sometimes tickles my arm in church
71. He doesn’t get volatile when he is drunk
72. He likes my butt
73. We always agree about what the verdict should be on 48 hours mystery
74. It’s fun to have secret affairs with him in the middle of the day when both kids are in school
75. This one is secret too.
76. He doesn’t carry a sword
77. He has pretty good morals
78. He doesn’t care that I’m not the safest mom
79. He gets excited about doing taxes
80. He does the taxes
81. He has a job
82. He is potty trained- mostly
83. He doesn’t drive drunk
84. He can always pick out a perfect greeting card for me
85. He watches the kids while I go out on dates
86. He has never b.b.i.b.ed
87. He puts on cologne before going to bed
88. He hangs out in the messy room with me at night.
89. He comes home after work
90. He loves me even though I usually stink
91. We’ve watched each other grow up
92. He doesn’t tell me that they pass out cotton candy and corn dogs at work because he doesn’t want me to feel left out.
93. He doesn’t have a double chin
94. He doesn’t have a mullet
95. He doesn’t tell me that there is a belly dancer at work because he doesn’t want me to be jealous
96. He tells me about all the conversations of coworkers in cubicles next to him
97. He almost always says “I love you” before going to sleep at night.
98. He doesn’t play golf
99. He’s never had B.O.
100. He’s taking me on a cruise next week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Valentines Day Matt! I have a card for you at home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!!!
My favorites are 9,14-16,26,31,40, 41,46,52,65,72,82,86,&94

ceichy said...

Okay, number 10 is super great and highly important, number 63,64 he learned from number 10, and number 86 is the best one ever! I love Matt too because...
1. The way he looks at you
2. The way he compliments who you are
3. That when I am having a bad day he offers me a beer.
4. When I am not having a bad day he offers me a beer.
5. He is a great dad and Great husband.
6. He doesn't get jealous when we go out on dates without him
7. He lets you go on dates with me.

Reasons why I love you!!!
1. You let me be who I am...and it is very freeing
2. You watch MTV with me and are just as involved with the characters as I am.
3. You have the disease that P. Diddy talks about...ha ha ha...we all do!
4. You are an awesome mom
5. You are an even more awesome wife.
6. You are a great cook.
7. You have a messy room.
8. Because you are my BFF! :-)
9. You are crazy go nuts creative.
10. You laugh at things like Bibb!

jody said...

naomi,
so a couple friends of mine jumped over here to your blog and we were talking last night and decided we needed to tell you something. you need to blog more. because we all find you so very witty and enjoyable. please continue. :-)

jody

Holly said...

I'm with Jody and that was adorbale...I might even copy it (sort of)!

Naomi Haverland said...

I can't blog more because, unlike Holly and Jody, I only think of good things to say about once a week or so. Otherwise I would be blogging about clipping my toenails or something.
And Holly, you better not be planning on naming 100 reasons YOU love Matt... I might get a little worried.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a cool list, and I want to know what how his armpits never stink. And I kinda sorta love matt (in a friendly way) for bringing you on the cruise!!! It was AWESOME!!!