About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Two more stop-motions... and that's it



This one Roxanne and I did while Rocket was at school because she really really really really wanted to make a movie WITHOUT any boys around... it's called "Monsters and Tsunamis".


And this one Rocket made for his Australian animal project for school. He came home and said, "My animal is the stringray and for my project I'm going to make a stop-action movie!" and I was like "umm... I'm kindof sick of doing that." and he said "well I can do it on my own"... which meant that I gave in and helped him. He presents it to his class today. I hope he gets a good grade.


This is how you make a stop action film: Take a whole lot of pictures of something happening. Then upload them all to onetruemedia.com and add music. If you want to make it look like something is magically moving on it's own, you have to move it very gradually, and get out of the picture when you snap it. It's best to have two people- a mover and a snapper. The mover moves the object and the snapper takes the picture once the mover's hand is out of the picture. You have to sortof get into a rhythm like this: move, snap, move, snap, move, snap. There is a lot of youtube how-to videos about it. But once you do it with your kids once, they will want to do it all the time. Every toy they have will give them a new stop-action movie idea. Like "oh I could make a stop-action with this barbie" or "oh wouldn't this car be cool in a stop-action?" The possibilities are endless... but I'm sure your time is not.... mine's not.

2 comments:

Cory said...

Naomi! This is Cory Ferguson
(Lyons, now)...do you remember me from CSCS? I ran across your blog link from Emily Shoup's blog. I just spent about an hour and a half looking at it! Love your blog! I was so entertained and inspired by your artful ways of living, and it is a blast to see pics and whatnot of your kids and fam. They are darling! I actually have a kiddo of my own, Gus! He is 8 months now and I am loving being his mom. So refreshing to see how you get your kids out into creative thinking.
Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the entertainment:) As I was looking at some of your pictures, it looks like maybe your studio has a giant painted world on the wall...reminded me of how you and I always worked crazy hard in coloring the maps that Mrs. Rothberg handed out in 7th grade geography. I think you and I were the only ones who liked those assignments. You most likely don't remember my maps, they lacked the cool shading that your's had;), but I often looked to your maps for future color ideas and shading techniques. Anyways, if you get a chance, would truly love to hear from you! I am a facebook lame-o, but you can try my email: corlyons@gmail.com

Refreshing and delightful to spend time with you even through photographs! Cory

Stacy said...

OK - I loved Rocket's "film". The fish crackers were a hoot and the Steve Irwin comment was unexpected! Awesome!

However....I laughed outloud at Roxanne's!! How much of that did she create on her own? Because she's got a hysterical sense of humor. I laughed so hard!! I can't wait to get my camera fixed (or get a new one) and try that this summer!!