About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to Me.

For mother's day, I was given a very nice piece of original fine art- and its even supposed to be me! And Friday. I also got to go to Cici's pizza buffet last night, and we discussed how my children could make being a mother easier for me.
I don't believe there has ever been a mother's day where I have been less confident in my mothering skills.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

This is adorable! I love Friday too!!

Donna Mc said...

Fabulous picture! Really captures your spirit...and Friday, too. =)

Don't question your mothering skills too much...
If you think you're are doing perfect = you are in denial.
If you think you're terrible = you are too hard on yourself.
If you are constantly challenged, and have to juggle a bzillion different things & feel unappreciated, over-worked and completely exhausted 99% of the time = you're a normal mom doing her best. And you are not alone.
So keep praying & keep loving 'em, and keep painting to feed your creative soul. Painting is your personal therapy....and like my quilting, it's cheaper than a shrink!
(And just be glad they are teens yet!)
Happy Mothers Day!

Sarah said...

Love the painting! Roxanne has some serious talent... she must get that from her mom! I totally get the mothering skills... I think it has been harder to parent Elise that older she gets. So you are not alone.