About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Grandmama Goes Grocery Shopping


My big art show was this last weekend. Saturday. I prepared for it all day... by trying to figure out what to wear and by sleeping and by charging my camera battery. I thought "boy it would be awful if I got to the show and my camera battery went dead and I couldn't take pictures", because that HAS happened to me before at really important picture taking times. And Matt is just never as sympathetic as he should be when that happens and I start crying.
So when I got there, you can imagine the feeling of panic I had when I realized that even though I had charged my camera battery, I had forgotten my camera card. Luckily my dad was there and had his camera that used the same memory card as his. But he didn't want to loan it to me. He was like "well, when would I be able to get it back?" and I had to talk him into letting me use it, which he eventually did. Pffff..... Dad.

His reluctance to letting me use his card made me think there must be something secret on it... hehehehe. He didn't need to worry about me not returning his card, but he did need to worry about me stealing pics off of it. So ofcourse I took it home and checked it out after the show. No big secrets I dont think... nothing too incriminating... well, except for the pics of him playing beer pong while wearing a Heidi Ho costume in a German pub with his coworkers for Oktoberfest. Just Kidding. But I did find these awesome pictures of my grandma, his mom, at the grocery store. It seems every time I see her, she is a little bit shorter... and if this pattern continues, soon I'm afraid she won't be able to see over the basket when she goes grocery shopping.

Coming up next.... pic from my art show (not sure if that's as good as pics of Grandmama grocery shopping though)

Sneak preview: unexpected guests, looking like a school teacher, and buttons, buttons, buttons....

2 comments:

Matt said...

...and let me reiterate in case you missed it, "And Matt is just never as sympathetic as he should be when that happens and I start crying."

Donna Mc said...

hahaha! That's my mama! Just in the last year or so she has really gotten A LOT shorter. I now TOWER over her...and I'm only 5 ft tall. COLE was taller than her last Thanksgiving. Lord bless her...she's the real live "Honey, I shrunk the kids".