About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MLK Day Dr. Sketchy's- Man, oh man.

January Dr. Sketchy's was a special treat. The model this month was one delicious hunk of finely chiseled chocolate, named Sin Jyn. This drawing session also coincidentally landed on Martin Luther King Day, reminding us that racial integration is one really great thing- especially for artists.




Sin Jyn was pretty talented. For the ten minute pose, someone jokingly shouted out, "do a head stand!". To everyone's surprise, he actually took on the challenge. You could see every muscle in his arms quivering, putting us all on edge. He made it over five minutes... talk about a head rush!




The Dr. Sketchy's tradition always includes one random combined adjective and noun which the artists must somehow incorporate into their sketch of the model. The word this time was "fluffy flower". I decided to add some flowers to Sin Jyn's fluffiest asset. He wasn't too thrilled with my creativity and said, "Oh no you did NOT!" So, for the final pose, I added a more manly phrase to the drawing...

8 comments:

The AB club said...

Does your husband know you sit around all day looking at half clothed men?

Naomi Haverland said...

A. I don't do it all day.
B. Yes, he does. As long as I spend my own money on it, he doesn't care.

Naomi Haverland said...

C. And I give my hunk of vanilla some extra special lovin when I come home.

ceichy said...

That's awesome. I am bummed that I missed it. He is definately a hunk of Chocolate! And I like your c. comment.

Anonymous said...

I agree with abclub.....this whole thing makes me a little uncomfortable. Am I sensing some lustful thoughts in your blog?

Naomi Haverland said...

While I wouldn't exactly call my thoughts "lustful", this IS only the tip of the iceberg, and if things like this make you uncomfortable, this may not be the best blog for you. Might I suggest www.cuteoverload.com.

Anonymous said...

It is not the sketches that bother me, it is your comments.

Naomi Haverland said...

Again, www.cuteoverload.com

It's trule a great site for the whole family!!