About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Deliciously Deceptive

My favorite book of the year is “Delicously Deceptive”, a cookbook that trains moms and wives (like me) to trick their family into being healthy. The program requires you to begin the week by pureeing healthy vegetables and then separating them into baggies that you will then underhandedly sneak into your family’s favorite dishes. Bean burritos with cauliflower, mac and cheese with squash, even brownies with spinach. It’s kindof like commercials that can brainwash you with subliminal messages- except it’s with food. You’d be surprised- no one has caught on to my conniving ways yet. No one has suspected that their food has been laced, and no one thinks that the reason we are all turning orange is because we have eaten enough carotene to feed a whole bunny rabbit farm. They actually believe that we are descendents of Oompa Loompas. I love being an evil mischievous housewife. Being deceptive is, indeed, delicious! Muahhhhahahahaaaa.

4 comments:

The AB club said...

Ok, I'm almost worried about you're delight in being evil. Please post pictures of your orange oompa lumpas. Elias loves Willy Wonka and would love to see his cousin turning into one of the characters.

Holly said...

hey Naomi...Holly Panter (Benton) here!
found your amazing blog through Jody.
You are as beautiful as ever, inside and out.
Matt looks great and your kids are beautiful
Warms my heart a ton to see you again, even if it is 'just' in blog world!

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

I was thinking of reading that book. I'm all about more veggies and sneaking stuff into food. Glad to know you like it- I'll add it to my library list.

Naomi Haverland said...

Cathy-
If you can get the book from the library or borrow it from someone, that's definately the best way. Once you get how to do the pureeing and get the whole concept, you can do it all on your own. I tried to get it from our library and got put on a waiting list of over 350 people! Luckily, my mom gave it to me for Christmas. If you get put on a waiting list that long, I can email you some of my favorite recipes so far. Just let me know.
Naomi