About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Thursday, July 12, 2007


Back to School, Already.

Yesterday was Rocket's first day of "real" school! In the county we live in, school is run year round (which is not bad at all!)- that's why he starts school in the middle of the summer. As the crowd of Kindergarteners were led into the school another crowd of mothers stood by with their video cameras, many of them bawling their eyes out, and all of them shedding atleast a few tears. Being the brave fearless mom that I am, I didn't shed one tear. In fact, I didn't even feel an ounce of sadness. I felt like saying "what is everyone's problem???!! I have been looking forward to this day for five in a half years now!!!" I'm sure I will regret those thoughts someday... but for now I am just savoring the few hours of half-freedom that I have found.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freeeedoooooommmmmm!
Congrats to Rocket for going to Big School! (Wow, it's hard to believe he's old enough.) And Congrats to you for getting one in school, and gaining a wee bit of freedom during the day. You and Roxanne will have fun together, and before you know it, they'll both be in school - and you can do all kinds of wonderful creative things! Enjoy them while they are little, but grab every moment of creative time you can. It feeds your heart & soul, and makes you happy - therefore a better Mama.

(BTW - due to computer probelms, I lost your new home address - could you drop me another email w/ it. Thanks!)

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest kindergartener I have ever seen!

Naomi Haverland said...

Yeah, he's definately the coolest in his class.