About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl



The real ones: Rocket spends the majority of the year prior to October, deciding what he should be for Halloween. After much thought, he decided he should be Sharkboy. Knowing that Sharkboy was never without his counterpart, and then he had to convince Roxanne to be Lavagirl. She was persuaded pretty easily. However, I wasn't so convinced that this was a good idea, mostly because you can't BUY a Sharkboy and Lavagirl costume at the store, which meant I would have to make them myself. But, hey, that's what good moms do.... right? I even got out my sewing machine for parts of the costumes. The kids are thrilled and can reinact many scenes of the movie almost perfectly. Tonight, when we get trick or treaters at our house, the kids who have store bought costumes get the smarties. The kids with good costumes get mini candy bars... if I haven't already ate them all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAAHOOOOOO! AWESOME costumes! I am VERY impressed!
I love homemade, creative costumes. They have so much more personality and pizazzz.

Bravo for Shark Boy, Lava Girl and Mom - y'all rock.

Kirk Ultra said...

Omy god those are such great costumes!!!

Did you know there are Sharkboy and Lavagirl children's novels now, continuing the story from the move?

Elena said...

Hi there, those costumes are FABULOUS! My kids want to be Shark Boy and Lava Girl and I'm freakin' out because I can't find any online for less that $60. What?! Who can afford that? Anyway, I guess I'm going to have try (yikes!) to make them myself...any ideas or tips you can share? Please!! I would be ETERNALLY gratefule (and I'll post a link to your blog on my facebook, if you'd like). Did you paint them?

Thanks again!!
Elena

Kellie_Tessier said...

I have been looking ALL over for these costumes. I was wondering if there was anyway you would think of making them for my children and OF COURSE I would pay you... yours look SO good and I know I will not be able to do anything like that! My email is kellietessier@yahoo.com. Thanks

Unknown said...

Do you have a how too? My son also
Wants to be shsrkboy.....