About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's a Beautiful Life...

Right now, Roxanne has kindergarten three days a week. On the other two days, she is home with me while Rocket is at school. I think she really likes that time. Yesterday, I bought her a bucket of sidewalk chalk at the grocery store, and thought that maybe it would entertain her while I got some things done. Ofcourse, she talked me into doing it with her, as she commonly does, because it's not too hard. So I drew butterfly wings and she drew lots of other butterflies and hearts and what not. Then I took a pic of her acting like a butterfly and I posted it on Facebook. People really really really liked it. I got 24 comments on it!! I've never got that many comments on a picture before, and Roxanne and I really liked reading them all. Roxanne immediately started thinking of what new thing we could do next time and then post on the internet.
Next year, when she is in school full time, I will probably be more productive. My Etsy site will probably be more profitable, and I will probably be able to get my paintings more in order. Maybe I will be in better shape too, cause I'll have more time to exercise. But there will be a little less magic around... I will probably miss the unexpected playful projects and adventures that we often encounter. I will probably laugh a lot less during the day too- right now Roxanne loves to do silly things to try to make me laugh. When she's not around, I'll probably realize what a blessing she has been to me- such a joyful, artistic little bundle of color, smiles, and love. What did I do to deserve that?!
However, spending just a little bit of time doing chalk art reminded me how fun it really is- such an easy medium to work with. This motivated me to go ahead and submit an application to the Denver Chalk Art Festival, which I did later in the afternoon. SO, on the flip side of things, playing around with Roxanne can actually have potentially productive side effects.
Also, here is a picture from Rocket's birthday on Tuesday. I don't have many pictures because I wasn't there for most of it- Matt took Rocket and his best friend, Shane, to a Rockies game. But we met before hand at Cici's pizza to give him his gifts and everything. This is a picture I took there:Haha!!! I love my dorky kids!! And Matt took this picture of Rocket at the game with his phone:
Geeze, I can't believe I have an EIGHT year old! That's half way to being able to drive a car!
Oh yeah, and I also can't believe I even care about this but.... The Rockies won! YES!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I didn't see the facebook post, but this is WAY better because I love the story behind it! You have a beautiful daughter is so many fun ways!

Stacy said...

By the way - I love Friday crashed out in the corner of that picture!

Donna Mc said...

I think this is my favorite blog post of all. Keep treasuring those days home with Roxanne & make the most of every moment.

WARREN and TRACI Lotter ________________ said...

The butterfly on the sidewalk/bricks is probably my fave piece of art that you've done so far...