About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, August 31, 2009






The Many Faces of Roxanne






As Roxanne has been showing more and more interest in her artistic side, I have been showing her the "correct" way to draw a face, by teaching her about facial proportions (as seen in the diagram to the left). Subsequently, I have been noticing quite a few intriguing portraits showing up in her vicinty.
Last week, we strapped on our painting aprons and went to the pottery painting store (one of our most favorite place to go) while the boys were at the baseball game. Together, Roxanne and I created this serving bowl. Roxanne drew the faces and I painted them in, and I think it turned out fabulous. Unfortunately, my mom paid for it, so she gets to keep it.

4 comments:

Connie said...

I love MY bowl! I can't wait to pick it up from you.

The AB club said...

I think Roxanne has more talent in her little pinky toe than I have in my whole body. How fun to do mom and dauther stuff.

Aunt Donna said...

Fabulous! Roxanne and her mom are VERY talented...and when they work together it's 10x as nice.

Hey, do you remember those sock creatures I made a few years ago? I still have the book...do you think you & Roxanne would like to make some of these together? (The book is a general guide, not exact patterns.) I'd be happy to send you the book, if y'all are interested. Just let me know. =)

stephanie said...

is it wrong to be jealous of a child? she is gonna be like you one day. i love the bowl, its very fun!