About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving... a little late.

I realize that this post is out of order and overdue. But better late than never. Thanksgiving was delightful for us- again reminding us of the many blessings that stop by our house occasionally for which we are incredibly thankful.

This was the first time I got to get out almost every color of dish I have. I have been collecting them from thrift shops over the past year, and I have always wanted to sit them all out on a table at once- it reminds me of an artist pallette. Notice the Christmas tree in the background- it has been up since November 5th. Also, notice Sarah over to the left crocheting... I don't know what that was all about- she was being weird the whole day.

At any given tme during the day, if you had stopped by our house you may have encountered any of the following: someone snoring on the couch, a pilgrim killing an Indian child, someone who had been sitting on the potty for over a half hour, someone starting a fire, someone devasted and pounding their head on the ground, or someone crocheting. And I was emensly thankful for each and every one of them!
The fire was quickly contained and Matt successfully fried the turkey- which is a dream come true for him. We all felt lucky to be able to witness this monumental event in his life.

Although Thanksgiving is over, Christmas is almost here, and this month seems to remind me even more of the many people I have to be thankful for- mostly because I have to remember to buy a gift for each of them. But I wouldn't give them up for anything. We're so lucky to be near our family again.

2 comments:

The AB club said...

I wish one of those place settings had been for us. Oh, how I wish we lived closer. Just know that there is a family in California that loves you and misses you.

Naomi Haverland said...

We wished you were there too.