About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Four Year Old!
Yesterday we celebrated Roxanne's fourth birthday. She has come a long way since her third brithday. She can tell you her age and name now, as well as coming all the way to Colorado, which means she had lots of wonderful cousins come to her birthday party!
Among the exciting presents she received, her daddy gave her the best gift- a little kitty which she named Necklace. Her prayer before dinner was this "Dear Jesus, thank you for the kitty. Jesus, don't lose this kitty. Amen." Jesus lost her last kitty.

After eating cake, the kids (and Grandpa) played "pin the lips on the mermaid". During the week prior we had created an underwater scene to play the game on. Everybody contributed something to the scene, even Matt (but not much). When we played the game at the party, Milo put his set of lips on the fish to the left of the mermaid! I think Grandpa was the only one who didn't cheat, though.

3 comments:

The AB club said...

Your birthday party looks like it was lots of fun. We wish we could have been there. Naomi, you did a great job on the cake and pin the lips on the mermaid.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Roxy!!!! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday, and got a VERY special present. Necklace looks like a very sweet kitty. I hope you have many, many, many happy days together with your kitty.... (who looks a bit like our kitty, Bobbin.) There's nothing sweeter than a purring kitty being held by it's happy 'mama'.

Naomi Haverland said...

AB Club- We wish you were there too!!!! Roxanne LOVES her pompoms. Yesterday when we went to Rocket's soccer practice, Roxanne said "OH NO! I forgot my pompoms to say "go rocket!"

Aunt Donna- Roxy loved your card too- thank you! Roxanne thinks she is Necklace's "mama" but Necklace thinks Matt is her "mama". I think Matt is brainwashing the kitty when we aren't around.