About Me

My photo
This is my blog AND my website now. Click on the " my paintings" tab to view my paintings. Scroll down to read my blog.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Rocket Science
This is a picture we had taken last Saturday as we visited Matt's work for family day. It was an incredibly fascinating experience as we all discovered the production involved in making a real rocket. The best part was that we all got free hotdogs for lunch. Refer to the featured picture: if we were standing right there 24 hours before we were standing there, we would have all been incinerated to death (good thing we weren't huh?). That is a real rocket that was static tested the day prior. For some odd reason, they test the rockets horizontally... in my opinion you ought to test something in the same position you plan on using it in. But, hey, I'm not the rocket scientist, right?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Matt's pants!

Naomi Haverland said...

Would you like to buy them from me?

Anonymous said...

Does that mean, you want to sell his pants for him? Don't you like them?

Naomi Haverland said...

I like them.... but if I could make some money off of them, all the better! Who are you anyway?

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

My husband wants to work where your husband works! Except the Utah part, but LA is so freekin' costly, which is where my husband's last job was. Does your husband stay up late to watch random launches live as well?

Anonymous said...

Its not who I am, but rather who we are.... We are the Jeans Fashion Police.

Matt has been recommended for a citation. Read more at:

http://www.megnut.com/2003/10/nyc-jeans-police-in-the-ny-sun

Naomi Haverland said...

But... I thought you liked them??? Come on give him a break- he's an engineer!

Anonymous said...

Engineer or not, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. However, it does explain a lot.

Naomi Haverland said...

And you have been cited for blogger harrassment. Don't think the police and I don't know who you really are.

Anonymous said...

Blogger Harassment???? Ha!!! If anything, you should pay me for the increase in traffic your site has experienced since the whole Pants debacle started. (People like this stuff you know, just watch Jerry Springer!)

As such, I want payment. If you refuse, just print me up one of those Pirate shirts and I'll take that as payment....

Naomi Haverland said...

If you insist. The T-shirts are in production right now.
Ofcourse, that means you need to tell me what size you need as well as your address. I will get it to you as soon as possible.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you can just bring it to OR with you and I can pick it up there!!!!

Naomi Haverland said...

What do you want me to drop it off at the train tracks at midnight in an unmarked case???
Gosh if you want the incredibly awesome T-shirt your gonna have to tell me who you are, cause I can't think of anyone from OR who knows I am coming. I am beginning to think you a freaky stalker... well it crossed my mind that this was just Matt himself but he would never use the word "debacle". He's not pretentious like that.